26 November, 2007

Friends for Life

Lye Quan, me and Wai Kiat

They say that friends are for life and I cannot possibly agree more.

It was until the Form 3 that I became close to the duo. The events that sparked our friendship seemed to me like it happened just yesterday.

I got to know Lye Quan when she became my classmate. As it went from hi-byes to small chats, she suggested that we travel to school together.

You see, those days I took the LRT to school. And so every morning, at 6.30 am, I would wait for them at the Cempaka LRT station.

Soon I got to know Wai Kiat and we became close almost immediately. I think one sure factor for drawing 2 individuals together is the fact that they live nearby.

Despite living rather close to each other, our transport home was different. The duo would take the Intrakota bus no. 56 or Cityliner bus no.848. Whilst I would take the Intrakota bus no. 60C.

Soon (Perhaps desperate for company), I was taking the same buses as them. For that, I had to walk a journey of almost 20 minutes to get back home. Compare this to the 60C bus which stops just across my house. (See the lengths I go to make friends, yea I know, Desperado)




It was during these journeys that we started to get to know one another better. I was closer to Wai Kiat, as I found it easier to talk to him. Quite expectedly, rumors about our 'love affair' started to spread like wild fire. But of course, I knew better.

I still remember how I was almost a fan of his. He was like the smartest guy in school (1st in school for 5 consecutive years) , yet he was still so humble and down-to-earth. Furthermore, he was also really nice. There were countless times where his dad had provided me with free rides home.

This goes the same for Lye Quan. Her dad too was my part-time driver. Besides that, she does help me a lot with stuffs about my studies and of course with the prefectorial board.




Well, we did had our arguments. There were times that they weren't too happy with my leadership style and we sure did some hurtful things. But in the end, bygones remained bygones.

Our cruise trip was such a bittersweet memory. We had such a long talk on things we dislike about one another and those big secrets we have kept hidden all along were finally revealed.

As we parted our own separate way, the duo for The Land Down Under leaving me all alone, we are never as close as we were. Indeed we do make time for one another, but it isn't the same anymore. Now that they're back, I shall cherish every moment to bring back the good old days.


2 footprints:

nAoKi said...

Not a soul will agree to ur neurotic leadership/dictatorship lo k?heheheheee

Appreciate your friends and they will appreciate you back.I couldn't agree more that wai kiat and lye quan can be evry good friends...

M00nie said...

neurotic leadership ? u were such a fan of mine ok ?