16 January, 2009

Nearly stolen

This morning my car nearly got stolen, with me in the living room watching tv.

At around 4am, the car alarm went off. At first I thought that it could be the neighbors, as I often hear car alarms go off. But then I could hear that the noise seem to be rather near, and so I decided to check.

Just as I approached the panel door to open the curtains, I heard a motorbike riding off.

After I turn off the alarm, I looked at the car from the house and it looked fine. So I thought it to be a false alarm, as it had happened once.

It was until my mum drove the car to the lrt station that she realized the window had shattered but yet to be broken. The alarm had really done its work. It frighten the perpetrator before more damage could be done.

But I cannot believe that I was wide awake and in the living room when the incident happened. Right in my very presence.

I don't know whether cars are generally installed with such alarms, but for my car we had installed the alarm so that even when you use a coin to tap the windows, the alarm would go off. I think this is really necessary, as one could easily break your windows, steal your radios and stuffs and not turn on the alarms.

The aftermath



So be on a look-out guys !

4 footprints:

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

wahlau so ganas!

so sorry that happened to u.
but luckily they din get to steal anything.

treat it as "por choy dong joi" le..
maybe it's an indication that u'll be getting something better in return..like *ahem CIMB *ahem

M00nie said...

yea .. i'm jz glad dey didn't steal anything ...
haha ... about da 'por choy dong joi' part ... hopefully le ...

nAoKi said...

WAH LAO,tat was terrible!it can be so scary lah living in this country...

its the smaller window by the door for back passenger izzit?tat small panel of glass is cheaper to be repleace.

M00nie said...

wah u r very observant ... yea it's cheaper to b replaced.