08 March, 2008

Malaysian Dreamgirl

Just watched episode one of Malaysian Dreamgirl. Don't know about you, but there's something about the name that sounds so wrong. But I can't pinpoint where it went wrong. Just wrong.


Anyways, for those who have not heard of Malaysian Dreamgirl, it's a model-search competition that is aired on the internet instead of the conventional television. To date, two episodes have already been uploaded and I reckon it was quite good.

Guess who's on the judging panel ? Our very own famous blogger, Kenny Sia. Along with model extraordinaire Elaine Daly and stylist Lim Jimmy. (Shouldn't it be Jimmy Lim instead ? No idea.)


So, I've only watched one episode and I'm already hating Kenny Sia. It seems to me like he is a Simon Cowell wannabe. Like so mengada lah his comments. Maybe it was done intentionally to make it more interesting. But well, not working for me. At least I liked Simon Cowell despite his nasty comments.

I'm sure most of us know Kenny through his blog. In writing, I think he seemed to express himself very well. But, in speech, I can't hear a single word coming out of his mouth. It's like he is mumbling or something.

Another thing to note is, he seems like some 'hamsup lou' (horny guy) in the show. You gotta see his reaction when some hot chick enters the room. Though he must have done it intentionally to be funny.



So, I'm totally lurrving Elaine Daly right now. Liked how she said "the whole thing screams out 'lala'.

Lim Jimmy seems to know what he's doing. He is kinda nice actually.

All in all, one entertaining reality based-drama series we've got here.

1 footprints:

nAoKi said...

oh ya,i watched the show the other day and i tot it was nice too...