11 November, 2008

Eventually

So mum was talking to me just now. As usual, she complains about having so many things to do, that employees keep leaving but the company refuses to get new staffs, thereby increasing her workload. Then there are customers that kept calling, the telephone refuses to stop ringing and how she was irritated with the customers, the boss and almost everyone except me.

Then came her worries about the future. That the company may be downsizing, what if they lay her off ? How could she find a job at the age 50 ? At 48, she sent out lots of application letter and receive no reply, what more at 50 ?

Like her, I'm worried too. How am I supposed to vomit 7000 words of assignments in less than 2 weeks ? I'm also disappointed and regretful too. How did I end up with only less than 2 weeks when I was given more than 3 months to prepare. 2 words, laziness and procrastination. What kind of quality work can I produce in such a short period ?

However, time and time I've been faced with such situations, when the task at hand seemed almost impossible. Yet I always get through.

There is no use being miserable now. I should not think about it being impossible. Rather, tell myself there is still chance. Eventually, I'll get through.

Just like mum's worries, I've heard it like so many years already. But we're still here. We did not die.

***

Found this remedy for procrastination in Andrew Mattrew's 'Being a Happy Teenager'.

We sometimes think, "when I feel more enthusiastic, I'll do my homework." Wrong.

'You get the energy and enthusiasm for the job after you begin. You get the energy as a result of your involvement. The secret is to make a start.'

1 footprints:

nAoKi said...

tat quote is so true!when u started doing sumthing,the sense of involvement will draw u in further and it will make u want to do it more and to finish it!or atleast tat is how i feel sumtimes.