17 November, 2008

Here comes the Bride

*Small talk: Oh no, Raymond Lam did not get the Best Actor Award in this year's TVB Awards Presentation. However, he was the only person who got 2 awards ! Favorite Male Character award and Most Viewed Blog award.*

November 15 was my cousin, Jerry's wedding.

Jerry, me & Serene (the bride)

Can't believe that the very same cousin whom always disturb me, whom I used to refer as 'pimple boy' is already married. Makes me feel so old. It seems like it wasn't too long ago that all 10 of us cousins had cuddled together in Ah Mah's room every school holidays.

~

The day of the wedding started early. At 10.30 am, I was already at my uncle's place. We were there to witness the 'Cham Cha' session. This is where the bride and groom would pay respect to the elders by presenting them with a cup of Chinese tea. In return, the elders would present their blessings in the form of 'Ang Paus' (red packets) to the bride and groom.

Although it was scheduled to begin at 10.30 am, naturally we did it the old Malaysian style. The groom only arrived at around 11.30 am with the bride.

The arrival of the bride.


Gosh, I didn't know that my voice is that irritating.


'Cham Cha Session'



Then it was my turn to 'Cham Cha'



Haha, we totally sucked at the Chinese custom. Nobody was sure about how to correctly address the elders. Because in our family, all male elders are uncles and all female elders are aunties.


Godma & Godpa (Jerry's parents), Uncle Jeffrey and Auntie Janice


After that, we had lunch and just mingled around.


Come 2 something, MsRedd, Vanimon and me took leave to the hotel. We had to be there earlier to make some last minute preparations for the wedding. Actually, I just tagged along, I was only in charged of registration and the collection of angpaus. (Suddenly I feel richer, muahahaha)


My Workstation



This was the backdrop in the ballroom. It is supposed to be the interior of the Putra LRT. A very meaningful story behind it, which I will narrate in a moment.

Every table was named after the Putra stations' name: KL Sentral, Bangsar, Ampang Park, KLCC ...


You see, Jerry met Serene on the LRT. He was always on his Ipod, while Serene (the nerd, haha) was always reading a book. Although both of them always seemed busy doing their thing, each had notice one another. Then Jerry started to make sure that he was punctual, so that he could take the very same lrt that he knew Serene would be on. Slowly, they started dating. And now, they are married ! How unlikely !


Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that you could actually marry someone you see in the lrt. It's like how do you make the first move ? And even if that person makes the first move, would you go out with him/her ?

The Family

Anyhow, in my cousin's case, it has become a happily ever after. (I guess I should start taking lrt again, muahahaha)

Ken & me


Then there was the throwing of bouquet session. This was for all single women. So bad lah my family members, kept forcing me to go out. See, they assume that I'm single. Maybe I'm not leh?




Congratulations Jerry & Serene !


10 footprints:

Anonymous said...

angela u looked great!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ooo.. sweet story. =)

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

OMG!!! angela in a dress?? must buy TOTO liao. LOL make sure u stand properly ah..not kangkang yr leg ah.. or u cropped the part aredy?? hahahahha

anyways, congrats to yr cousins!

next year u can be aunty angela d lor hor..(aunty angela sounds quite nice wor).. ngek ngek ngek

and no wonder u din sit our car d la these days, say not going coll but senyap senyap go take lrt and kao chai...

Sim Yee Joo said...

Hahaha.. when I first saw angie in dress, me n wei hoe was like OMG.. can buy TOTO man~!!! HAHAHA... can't stop laughing also... HAHAHA.... ya lo zm, she sure wanna take LRT to kao chai la... and keep ponteng class to 'mark' the target.. LOL but sadly she manage to mark (KLCC boy) only.. LOL

nAoKi said...

YALO WTF ARR U WEAR A DRESS WTF...

M00nie said...

wah ... seems lik the fact that i wore a dress has ignited such controversy ! haha ...
it's my auntie's fault ! she paksa me to wear a dress.

so how did the totos go ? am i gonna get a share ? ahaha ...

chris: thanks for ur compliments ...

zm: thanks for ur wishes ... haha, frm today onwards i shall not carpool wif u guys la ... wana 'kao chai'.

M00nie said...

oh n btw, wah zm u very geng ar ... can predict my dai soh wud get pregnant n hav a baby by nex yr ...

Unknown said...

mun yee, i am VERY afraid of yr friends' predictions ;)
but i just had to tell you thank you for the help extended for our wedding, and also thank you for this lovely blog entry. i didnt know there were videos involved! :)
and you looked absolutely lovely in that dress, wear more of them ok! ;)

LQ said...

wei!! angela wear that BLACK DRESS in our next gathering OK!!!!!! muahahahhaa~~~~~

M00nie said...

woah ... serene ! wud never hav thought of seeing u here. must b ken's idea.

anyways, u r most welcomed. it has been my pleasure. though i really didn't do much.

haha, dresses ... totally not me ... mayb on another wedding ? *hint* MsRedd !


LQ: black dress for our gathering ? wah so serious meh. hahaha ... can't wait for u to come back for good. in the meantime, take care ya !