08 April, 2009

Discharged

Monday, 7pm

Dr. Harwant came to check on my wound. Actually he came in the morning, but I was in the toilet and he knocked my door reminding me to take my breakfast. I find the scene kinda funny.

He took out the tubes which was attached to my wound in order to drain the dirty blood within. I thought it would be a little painful, but before I even realized it, it was already out.

Bags of blood attached to the tube

He said today was the first time he saw me smile. True enough, knowing that I'd be discharged the next day, it made me really happy.

***


Tuesday, 4pm

I am finally discharged ! Doctor said that the wound is healing nicely. Hopefully I could return to work soon. Just feel so guilty, started work only 2 weeks, then take so many days of MC.

Throughout my 2 weeks stay at the hospital, I feel that the job as a nurse is really noble. When I wasn't allowed to walk, they would have to help me pee on the bedpan, and then clean my pp. Every morning, they would sponge me clean. Every 2 hours or so, they would have to come in to measure my blood pressure and temperature.

Momentarily, I had thoughts of pursuing nursing.

To those worried commenters, I am now uplifted and okay. No worries !

Thank you all for the fruits, the ginseng tea, the chicken essences, and all those chinese herbs thingies ! Special thanks for all the care you guys have shown to me !

4 footprints:

M@V!S said...

I feel so guilty that did not go to visit you~
So sorry for that~
Hope you will be fine~
I hear my mum say,
Now you cannot eat anything that have chicken lo~
because it will make your wound becoming bigger~

Kenneth said...

Hey MY ... so happy to hear that you are going home. Stay immobile as long as you can ok to let that wound close up.

Don't worry, the working world will always be there ... it's not going anywhere. ;)

Welcome home sweetie.

Love,
Ken.

kp said...

Angela, glad to hear that.
Agree with Ken, the working world is always there. Taking good care of yourself should be your number priority.

=)

M00nie said...

Hey thanks Ken & Kp !
Err Yi Mei, no need to feel guilty lah ... Not necessarily need to come visit ma ... u got msg me oso wut ... I'm ok ....
Noted abt the chicken