02 December, 2009

Anti-social

I'm totally worried that I'm becoming anti-social. Since working, I've intentionally missed 3 company events: Sport club's dinner (which I contribute 5 dollars a month), group trip and industry dinner.

In fact, I had actually signed up for the group trip to prove to myself that I'm not anti-social but I ended up lying about being sick.

I feel kinda pathetic having seen others having a time of their lives getting to know their colleagues and making new friends while I am here friendless. Well, I do meet acquaintances but I just haven't found someone or a group of individuals that are my clique.

I just don't feel comfortable attending these events and I haven't an idea why. Maybe I'm just unwilling to step out of my comfort zone ? Maybe I'm feeling insecure ?

2 footprints:

LQ said...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL! *high 5*

Clubbing or shopping for LVs and Guccis - not my cup of tea
Sing k or shopping @ BTS- not their cup of tea

Seriously, what is going on with these young working adults nowadays huh? They spend more than what they earn and yet they can throw the question back to me - Why are you working so hard yet not rewarding yourself? So, does reward only goes with to squander?

M00nie said...

glad someone feels the same ... makes me not feel like a total weirdo.