02 October, 2008

Daddykool's Surprise Party

October 3rd would be Daddykool aka my Godpa's 60th birthday. Although he believes that he is much younger than that. He has started back-counting his age since his 50th birthday I think. So he should 40 this year.

Technically, Godpa is my father's eldest brother. You see, we have this inter-family god-parenting thingy.

So how did he became my godfather ?
When I was a baby, I don't know why but I was super-cute. (Not the ugly but adorable kind)



Naturally, no one could resist my charm, including my godfather. He loved playing with me. One of his favourite games was balancing me on his right hand. (??!!!)

My parents, noticing his undying love for me, decided to god-parent me to him. So there you have it, my god-parented story.

Ok, back to the surprise party.

We had been planning this for weeks. My inbox was totally flooded with emails from the LimClan. The plan was this, those involved in prior preparations had to be at granny's place by 5pm. Sis was in charge of preparing streamers while I was supposed to be the DJ.

Everyone had to wear red. But there was a dresscode breaker.

As a result, she had to wear a red-tie on top of it.

Instructions were given to park our cars at the back-lane, so as to not raise any suspicions. The protocol for the surprise was:

1. Godpa comes in
2. Everyone shouts SURPRISE !
3. Throws confetti
4. Drops 'Happy Birthday' banner
5. DJ plays 'Congratulations' by Cliff Richard
6. Speech by the star of the day
7. Go down memory lane with powerpoint presentation

Birthday boy man


By God's blessing, everything went as planned. We managed to surprise him !



His Speech


Jelly Birthday Cake


After that, it was all about mingling around and so I took pictures. There were some caught-on-the-act pictures.

Eww ... We've got a PP scratcher in the house.


On the left, is my 'Dai Soh' (my eldest cousin's wife) and on the right is my Godma.


I love this pic.


So bad lah my youngest cousin Ashley. No matter how long I persuaded her to take a picture with me, she kept running away. Hmmph.

By the way, I was super clumsy and forgetful today. And I almost spoilt the surprise.

1. On my way there, I forgotten to bring my handbag ! And so I had to turn-back to get it.
2. After getting it, half-way through I realized I have forgotten to bring the birthday card I bought too. It was already too late to turn back.
3. During the surprise party dry-run, I did not play the 'Congratulations' song in time.
4. 5 minutes before my Godpa's arrival, I ter-press the 'play' button and the song blasted damn loud. Nearly spoilt the surprise.
5. I nearly became the cake-dropper AGAIN ! When Serene was putting on the candles, I ter-kick the table. I am never going near cakes anymore.


Happy Birthday Godpa !


My Family

3 footprints:

nAoKi said...

whoah!your lil cousin so BIG ored hor?the last time u showed her pic here she was so small loh!

anyway,u're as clumsy as ever lah...i guess ur family ored got used to it by now.

M00nie said...

yea .. can walk dy .. but she's got thinner than last time le .. last time so damn fat ...

Ms. Redd said...

hahah i didn't know u almost dropped the cake again!! hehehe