28 September, 2008

Food for Thought

Read this really meaningful email. Some things happened to be what I've given some thoughts about.
It was written in Mandarin, so this will be a translated version.

***

Ask me what's blue,
And I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is how it looks.
But after seeing a range of blues,

I may not be so sure anymore;


If you ask me what kind of a girl do I like,
I will tell you that I like a girl who is ...
Short-haired, kind-hearted, independent ...

Yet after meeting thousands and thousands of individuals later,
If I'm asked the same question again,
I may not be so certain anymore.


Is it not that the more we see,
the more we've come into contact with,
the easier it is to lose sight of the purest and simplest form of ourselves ?

***

Before I got my license,
I've always felt that it's so lucky to be able to drive.
Yet when I could finally drive,
I feel that being fetched is also a different kind of privilege.


I guess that when we observe the fortunes of others,
We tend to forget that we are too very much blessed.

***

I love to eat Pork Mee.
No matter which Chinese eatery I visited,
I'd always order Pork Mee.
It is always Pork Mee, Pork Mee, Pork Mee.

Then during my trip to Bukit Mertajam with the BC,
Christine recommended to us a stall which sold scrumptious Prawn Mee.
I've never eaten Prawn Mee prior to this.
And God, it tasted good.


In life, we should take the courage to try something different.
Yes, it would be easier to stay in our comfort zone.
Yet, if we don't take that step out, we would never discover other wonders of the world.
Perhaps you may not like an experience, but you can always try again.
(ps I've change this to depict my experience, but the gist remains the same)

***

0 footprints: