09 January, 2010

The price of Aging

Mum got her medical report today. Turns out she has high blood pressure, diabetes and inflamed liver. Don't worry, the situation's under control. Seems like it's not serious, just that well, she has daily pills to take now.

It got me thinking. It's just that I've always taken my health for granted. I think when you are young, you'd feel like these illnesses are way beyond you, so eat whatever you wanna eat and do whatever you like. For me, it's been taking late night baths and sleeping with wet hair.

Recently, I've come to the conclusion that I've got a weak immune system. Often, when I do get fevers, which comes along with coughs and flu, the cough would last for weeks. Just like now, I've been sick since I returned from Singapore. And that was 2 weeks ago.

So, here comes my first new year resolution: to be more health conscious ! Wait, it's 11 pm already ? And I've not bathe yet. Last time, I promise !!!

2 footprints:

nAoKi said...

your mom's high blood pressure sure caused by her constant worries for her eldest daughter lah.fell down from the roof and always came back late,so drama loh.haiz...

hehehe,you take care of yourself k.u'll get migraine from sleeping with wet hair.i wonder y u havent have one of those yet.so plz take better care of urself k.

M00nie said...

hey thanks naoki ... u take care of urself too ... may u hav da greatest time ever in nz ... even wif sum of the frustration u r feeling now ...