02 August, 2008

Moonlight Resonance


Moonlight Resonance (溏心风暴之家好月圆) or Heart of Greed II is certainly the most awaited TVB drama series of 2008. I've only watched 3 episodes of it and I'm falling head over heels for it.

For first, by contrast to the pioneer drama, 'my' Raymond Lam has been given a more important role in the series. In fact, I would say he's got the best role in the show. You'd surely love him ! I have high hopes that he'd be seizing the 'my favorite TVB actor' award for the year 2008.

Even the soundtracks featured in this show are much more nicer than the former. Especially the one sung by 'my' Raymond Lam.

愛不夠(Insufficient Love)


Although the preceeding series was a huge hit, its earlier episodes were a little dim-witted and slow. Honestly, I was about to give up on it when it picked up at around episode 7. That was when things started to get interesting and there begin my crazy drama series marathon.

As the sequel, Moonlight Resonance had me at the first episode. Even at the very first episode, I could feel my frustration and anger over the injustice that befall the family. There were even moments I felt like I was on the verge of tearing. Yes, at the very beginning of the show.

(Notice: spoilers ahead)

Let me narrate the story through the role of the love of my life. Raymond Lam stars as Gam Wing Ho, or better known as Ah Ho, who lives with his mother, along with his two sisters. One a mute (Fala Chen), while the other is an adopted child (Tavia Yeung).

On the other hand, he has 3 other brothers (Moses Chan, Chris Lai and Vincent Wan) and a step-sister (Linda Chung), who lives with the father. Linda Chung is the daughter of his father's second wife, which brought her into the family from a previous marriage.

Raymond Lam's maternal grandfather was the founder of 家好月圆, a mooncake confectionery. Later, when Raymond's father divorced his mother, he took along the name of the confectionery along with its recipe. And so the drama unfolds around the confectionery and the family.

This time around, Susanna Kwan did not take on the role of the villain. Instead, the villian is now Michelle Yim, the second wife of Raymond's father. Although Susanna Kwan is no longer the villain, she still takes on the responsibility of being the irritating person in the show.

Well, don't want to spoil it too much for you. Watch it yourself.

4 footprints:

Anonymous said...

I've asked people not to stream the song, so please do not direct/hotlink the MR subthemesong.

Thanks.

nAoKi said...

siao angela,watch so much drama...

Devid said...

MR is an interesting Show.Recently i am watching Moonlight episodes.As i downloaded the show last week.I got the wonderful Source to watch moonlight episodes.I really enjoyed the Show.

ramos said...

Pleasure for sharing nice review about the show. I saw its all episode because I have a best site for this show. If you want to watch this then go in front and get it now Moonlight Episodes for free...