08 February, 2009

Changeling

... the best movie I've watched this year.

Listen now, though I'm no fan of Angelina Jolie, but I think she did a hell of a job.

The movie was absolutely intriguing. I had just finished watching it and right away it triggered me to write this post.

***

It tells of Christine Collins (Angelina Jolie), a single mother who came home to find her son lost. She filed for a police report, and months later they claimed to have found him. She took one look at the boy and told the police it wasn't her son, but the police insisted, in order to negate the bad publicity they had about corruption and their inability to solve cases.

As she continued to insist that the boy wasn't her son, bringing along the press and public attention, the police captain declared her mentally unstable and had her sent to a psychiatric ward.

The story is based on a true story, that happened in 1928. Watch it yourself, I'll stop with the details here, don't want to be a spoiler. Really, watch it.

0 footprints: