20 March, 2009

Predicament of an hero


While some of you may be unaware, I've been admitted to the hospital for the last 6 days. What happened was, I had a bad fall.

On one fine Saturday afternoon, the water tank on the ceiling decided to throw a fit. Before long, water was dripping all over the house. This was when the man of the house (that's me!) decided to take a ladder to climb up the ceiling. Being on top of the ladder, I couldn't exactly see what was wrong. And I took an awful step onto the ceiling.

Apparently, my weight was too much to hold and I fell onto the floor and fractured my spine. Following that was a surgery to my spine, an insertion of 4 screws to hold the bones in place for proper recovery.

Until now, the incident still feels so surreal. I still cannot believe this had happened to me. In fact, I haven't any memory of me falling down. All I remembered was me climbing up the ladder and the next thing was me in the hospital, with my friends by my side.

2 footprints:

Kenneth said...

sweetheart, your FAMILY also happened to be there ya? and WE ARE ALL glad that you weren't in any worse condition than you were. So get better soon ok?

Love ya!

Ms. Redd said...

yeah weii...hahah bloody shit...family also there ok..!! :P

get well soon...i look forward to taking a flight with you soon.. hehe