31 December, 2007

G'dye from Perth, WA


It was a long and tiring journey. It took approximately 4 hours to reach Singapore and another 2 hours or so to find my cowzen's place. You see, the plan was to bunk @ my cowzen's place for the night and then to take the MRT to the airport in the morning.

In the end, we had to hire the cab to lead us there. The Singapore cabby was really nice and polite. He even refuse to take our money.

When we reached the place, there were already lots of bunkers spread across the living room. So I had no choice but to sleep on the wooden bench just in front of the shoe rack.


It took us around an hour to reach the airport. The MRT was almost as packed as KL's LRT. But it is certainly much huger than the local ones.

Our destination was the Budget Terminal.


Upon arrival, there was nothing much to do but wait.



The Lees helped themselves with a game of scrabble.



While some decided to sleep.



The Tiger Airways took approximately 5 hours to reach Perth. The journey was excruciating. You are given so little space that you could easily catch claustrophobia. Don't know about AirAsia, as I have not boarded one, but if you're looking for a comfortable flight, Tiger Airways is certainly not your pick.

On board, I caught a hint of a rainbow.


The moon even rose early for me too.



Upon arrival to the apartment (our designated stay), it was already 12 am. The place was as quiet as scenes from I am Legend. Shops were closed and there was no mamaks around. And so we took a 15 minutes walk to a 24 hours cafe owned by my father.

Yes, you read it right, my father.


You see, my father's name is Eddie.


See the resemblance ? Ok, I know, lame one.

Some pictures of the cafe. It's pretty cool actually. It has this old feel to it. I know you don't know what I'm talking about. Take a look yourself.



So, that was pretty much the first day. Traveling the whole day.

3 footprints:

nAoKi said...

wah,u can jump so high ehh?why lar so many of my frens travelling here n there,n i hav to stay here!hmmph...

Huh? said...

exciting...=)

M00nie said...

Of course, I was a gymnast. Haha ! Aiya you just came back from bangkok not too long ago.