15 January, 2008

Being better


Just a couple of months ago, I had the chance to attend an awards presentation ceremony at my university. Many including my classmates walked up the stage to receive their respective awards.

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder, how come that person is never me ?

I know this is being rather 不知量力 (not knowing your capabilities to hope for something), but for once I hope to be someone to be looked upon, someone to be proud of when associated with, someone that I'm satisfied with.

Of course, I do also know that I do not deserve these things, as I have not given sufficient effort for it. I'm just really frustrated with myself. How come I am never determined enough ? I am always regretting but still continues to repeat the same mistake.

Sometimes I'd hope that I can be better. Better at associating with others, better at recognizing roads, better in being spontaneous, better in grasping points ie being a quick learner.

It took me a while to realize this, and I can't believe it's from a Christian song I've been listening through childhood.

'God gives us different kinds of people,
God gives us every single ones,
God gives us different kinds of people,
With the gift to get the job done.'

I guess different people are meant for different things. Every job has its equal importance.

I should learn to stop being envious.

2 footprints:

Ms. Redd said...

u know, if everyone compared themselves to someone, somehow or rather. the world will be a rather horrid place to live.

instead of comparing yourself, why don't you set standards for yourself? because the comparison will never end, there will always be someone out there who is better, or prettier, or fitter, or healthier, or richer...u get my drift.

be grateful, give yourself targets, not set comparisons as a progression chart.

M00nie said...

Thanks msredd !