31 January, 2008

Flash Flood

Given the recent humid and hot weather, we were fortunate to be blessed with a huge downpour just the day before yesterday.

Yet the downpour didn't came without consequences. With the poor drainage system planning over in Pandan Indah, we were faced with a flash flood.


On that fateful day, I was driving back from Midvalley with my sister. Imagine my anxiety when I saw those rapidly rising water going to levels beyond the height of the pavements lining the roads. It was so bad I think it went to heights of my tyres.


We weren't exactly trained in our driving lessons on what to on a flash flood. All I could do was drive as slow as I could. At the same time, I was really worried that my car would breakdown as like the Kancil below.


Luckily, that did not happen to my precious car. And so we were back safe and sound.

The downpour seemed to fill my bladder too. So as soon as I reached home, I decided to pay the toilet a visit. I saw bubbles coming out from the Hole. This reminded me of a news I read in the newspaper some time ago.



It was about this person who discovered a snake in the Hole. Worried, I flushed the water once just to be safe. (Surely I wouldn't want to be bitten by a snake when my butt is firmly glued to the toilet seat, right? Who knows where it will decide to bite ?)

Anyways, instead of entering the Hole, the water rose to the extent of almost overflowing. I think it was caused by the rain.

Luckily I wasn't doing my business that day. If not, it would have been oh so gross.

3 footprints:

Benjamin Lim said...

Eh! don't so gross can ha!? Dun post about pangsai la... gives ppl ideas want you know. Urghhk! :P

M00nie said...

cheh very gross meh

Benjamin Lim said...

Hehehehe not THAT gross but gross gross tei la. ;)

See you this CNY! Tung tung tuuung CHIANG! :D