10 January, 2008

G'dye from WA, Perth (Part 4)

Boxing Day it was.


This was Shopping Day and we decided to visit the City of Fremantle.


It was crazy. Aussie people actually crowded outside shopping malls, waiting for it to open its doors. Well, the sales ain't too much of a deal for us, as everything is almost 3 times our money.

A glimpse of the city

One thing I've noticed about Australians is their fine manners. While I was lining up to pay for my purchases, one of the sales person came over to tell me that some of the items I was holding weren't on sale.

'Just thought you'd like to know.' The sales person said.

I mean, in Malaysia, who would bother to do something like that ?

When I enter retail stores, instead of getting that overly loud and expressionless 'Welcome' in Malaysia, I get a completely friendly 'How's it going' over there.



After a couple of hours of shopping, we headed to the Aquarium of Western Australia.


The visit was nothing to shout about, like normal aquarium lah. Got to see the fishy, sharky and underwater stuff lo. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Octopus


My favourite part of the visit. You get sea creatures swimming above your head.


Leafy sea dragon


Jelly fish


Glow in the dark corals

One more picture before I bore you to death.


They had this little sea lion performance.


As this was Boxing day, there was this huge CD, DVD & book sale over at the convention centre. CDs were going at prices as low as $1 !!! Too bad I support downloading didn't find anything I like.

There was an art exhibition too.


The theme was modern age, abstract art. And I totally lurve it. But prices were beyond anything I could afford.


After a long and tiring day of walking, I got a take-away from McD and headed over to Kings Park yet again for a picnic dinner. The night view was even more dazzling.




1 footprints:

nAoKi said...

if some sales assistant approach me saying the same thing,i'll probably answer "i know lah!what?u think i cannot afford it if its not on sales izzit?"
lol