16 January, 2008

OMG, I'm spoilt !


I just realized that I am workaphobic. For days I've been procrastinating over signing up with Kelly Services in pursue of a part-time job. I need the job to recover the money
I stole from dad I spent on a new phone.

The thought of having to take the public transport early in the morning, working with people I don't know simply gives me the blues.

Often, the TV gives us examples of rich brats who are unwilling to earn a single penny by themselves. Before this, I couldn't understand their rationale. How hard could working be ? All I could say was they are just spoilt.

On the same note, my mother often relates to me on her blues about going to work, how she wished for the holidays to come sooner or to last longer. She would say to me: studying is much better than working. I thought to myself, how bad can working possibly be ? You don't have sit for exams, you don't have to pass up your homework, you don't have to wear uniform, you don't have to endure an hour long of assembly and you don't have to listen to boring lectures.

Well after experiencing the working world, I could really understand her Monday blues now. Indeed it isn't a nice feeling, but sooner or later I'd have to face it. Besides, what do I have to do at home anyway ? I don't have to do chores and I don't have to be a nanny to my sister.

So what have I been doing ? Sleeping at crazy hours, playing Diablo II and watching movies & drama series ! Nothing productive at all. I don't even bother to pack and organize my mounting notes and text books.

I'm such a spoilt brat.


Note to self:

If you desire a change, be prepared to make the effort and step out of your comfort zone.
Sitting around hoping for miracle is being sheer stupid.

1 footprints:

nAoKi said...

work=stress+politics+gossips+sabotage=me+hurt+agitated+dulan