13 January, 2008

G'dye from WA, Perth (Finale)


This will be the last post on my trip to Aussie Land. ~Thank God~


Well, it could have easily been Part 7. But sadly, one of my days in Australia was left blanked as I was asleep almost the whole day through due to reasons mentioned previously.

Surprisingly enough, I awoke this fateful day excited to return to my homeland. I was homesick. Australia was great, but nothing beats the comfort of home. And of course, people I miss dearly back home made it no easier. (~Hint hint~ *BC*)

So the day started with me doing a little last minute packing and then we were off to explore the city of Perth for the last time.

Fremantle seems to be MsRedd's fave, as she suggested that we visit Fremantle again. Being the passenger, and she the driver, of course I had no say whatsoever. Joking !


We visited the Fremantle Market.


From the picture above, I think it is established that it's certainly the high-class version of our Malaysian markets.


It's kinda like a large flee-market. There were fruit stores, crafts, souvenirs, apparel, skin-care products, etc ... I got myself some fragrances, moisturizers and a scarf, which I have no idea whether I would ever use it, what with the weather in Malaysia.


Look at the fruits, mmm how juicy.


They even have a massage centre here.


Don't know how long has it been since I last had pancakes.


After some shopping and breakfast, we left for the Fremantle prison.


As prices to visit the prison was pretty pricy (after conversion of course), we just took pictures outside the prison instead.


I was at the right place at the wrong time. The prison offers this torchlight tour, where you would visit the prison at night ! And it's so my THING ! Too bad it's my last day here.


Spooky huh ? ~I totally lurve it ~

~Haih~


Anyways, there is a souvenir shop just before the entrance into the prison.

And I saw this really cute thing.

Let me out !

Uniform

Warning


Next destination:

An ugly pose

I seriously don't know why I did that stupid 'peace' sign


Next stop: Subiaco

Nothing special about the City of Subiaco. Just like any other streets lined with retail stores designed to cheat you of your money.

Saw a cool name for a household item store though.



Just before we leave for our last dinner in Australia, the cowzens and I decided to indulge ourselves in some camwhore moments.

~Aaah~

I reckon this was the best jumping picture we snapped

Perverted gymnast in action


We were really having the time of our lives.



We even did an impersonation of Abbey Road.


In case you don't know, Abbey Road is one of the albums of The Beatles.

There you go


All in all, the trip had been a great one for me. I experienced several emotions during the course of the trip. Of:

Being a family

On the 2nd day of the trip, during the dinner with my cowzens, we had a heart-to-heart conversation about the recent changes in my life. Finally, I felt like we were a family again. Haven't felt like that for some time now.

I could feel their sincere concern for my feelings. I had never known that these events had such a huge impact in my life. To be honest, I was on the verge of tearing.

They provided me with new insights into approaching my problems, and I'm really grateful for that.

Moment of anxiety

Remember the day I was forced to stay at the apartment ? So I woke up in the afternoon to find myself alone in the apartment. I was bored to death and had a huge urge to drink chocolate milk. But they have taken the door card. So I couldn't leave the apartment.

Desperate, I did something shamefully stupid. I took a plaster and stick it at the door attachment, hoping it'll work. And guess what ? Of course it didn't work! And I was left locked outside.

You could imagine my anxiety. All alone, sick and no where to go. Luckily, I remembered hearing something about my aunt not going out while I was asleep. And after a few door knocks, I was glad to meet my aunty.

Happiness

Who could ever thought that my happiest day was actually the last day I was in Australia ? It was this day that I truly had fun. Yea, the camwhore session was certainly a 3G (3rd generation) bonding opportunity. Even now, each time I look at those pictures, it never fails to draw a smile on my face.

That's all folks !

0 footprints: