04 January, 2008

G'dye from WA, Perth (Part 3)

The day was Christmas. Unlike KL, pretty much all of the shops over there were closed. Consequently, I was able to stay in bed till almost mid-noon.

Just before we headed for our Christmas lunch at the place of Ennis' friend, we stopped by the jetty once more. You see, the Lims wanted to visit the souvenir stores there while the navigators sort out the way to our destination.

Here I found this wonderful Bell Tower.


It seems it cost millions of Aussie Dollar to get it built. This tower, on certain designated times, would produce music automatically for an hour. I had the opportunity to witness it, but the sound produced wasn't exactly music from heaven. In fact, it was an hour of torture to my ears.


And so finally we managed to reach this guy's place (OMG, I just realized I don't even know his name, after having lunch at his place), after a few wrong turns.

Wonderful foods were already prepared. There was smoked ham, roasted turkey, some other food, desserts and lots of booze.


They served this wonderful cherries I couldn't stop eating.


Even Jon was soo happy to have them.


For desserts, we had home-made Pavlova with ice-cream. And gosh did it tasted awesome.

Before long, it was time to bid goodbye. Just before we left, we had a little fun with these Christmas crackers.


Next, we visited the beaches of Perth.


Scarsborough Beach.


Clock tower just along the road to the beach.


Love the waves.


Free as a bird.

Subsequently, we took a 15 minutes drive to yet another beach.


Cottesloe Beach.


I just love beaches.


Evidence of I WAS HERE !

Unlike me, the cowzens were already sick of beaches.


Sienz ...

Finally, we were done with beaches. Yet, we were not done sight-seeing. There are more pictures to come. Our next destination was Kings Park, the best park I've ever been to.


Ok, so the park looks like any other parks: grass, trees and benches. Yet, Kings Park also offers remarkable monuments and superb view of the city.


A monument of Victoria, Queen and empress.


If you look properly, there is a bird pecking the back of my head.


View of the city.


Ain't it beautiful ?


This scene was absolutely captivating.


A romantic evening.


This is now my wallpaper. You can click on it for a larger version, if you wish to download it.


Reproduction of 'kuchi kuchi hota hai'.


Cool limousine.



A baby in diaper's suicidal attempt.

When our stomach started growling, we left for Northbridge, Perth's China town.


I don't know why it's called China town, cos from what I observed, there were only a few Chinese shops. Other than that, it looks pretty much like Bangsar's Jalan Telawi.

Anyway, there was a restaurant close to home.


Malaysia's not too bad after all.

Now to the naughty side of the town. (We sure don't get these in Malaysia)


Wanted to take a peek, too bad it was closed then.


Moulin Rouge Paris.


I have a feeling I'm gonna love Australia.

0 footprints: