06 October, 2007

To be remembered


My day started great yesterday, though it did resulted in a disrupted beauty sleep.

I received a sms from a colleague back when I was working in Teledirect. That was way back in May 2006. She asked me how was everything going on.

A simple greeting, yet it certainly made my day.


Not long after that I received another sms. This time it was from a colleague in Ernst & Young, my favourite senior.

'Yo ... How's it going ? How was ur assignment ? Kekeke ... I'm doing a long list of cp204s now n I remembered u ! =p Good help is hard 2 find.'

That meant so much to me.

Then I remembered an email I received a couple of weeks ago. It went like this ...

A special farewell note just for you ....

'
Dear all I will be leaving Malaysia tomorrow evening to start my life over in Darwin, Australia. So I thought I'd like to write a separate farewell note to all of you to do justice to my 3 years with the firm.

.........

Angela, you deserve a special mention for your spunky personality - the office was much more quieter after you left. Good luck in your studies and hope that you will consider taking up tax work after your graduation. '

It feels so great to be remembered.

Sometimes I'd wonder, if the world ends for me tomorrow, how many would miss my presence ? Sad to say, all that I could think of are my parents and sister.

How about my other relatives ? Indeed they are my family. But we've been living apart, and only sees one another during the festive seasons, how much would they have known about me to even miss me ?

An irony indeed.

What would you have to say about me when I'm gone ? How long will it take till I'm forgotten ?

Apologies for the sudden emo session.

5 footprints:

Kenneth said...

In life, in love, in families, in friendships, it always, ALWAYS, takes two to tango.

Whether you want to believe it or not, choose to accept it or not, everyone in the LimKlan loves you to death.

Your preconceived notion that in order for love to exist, it requires constant face to face interaction, I find it to be just one facet of a ball, which has many sides, each blending in with the next seamlessly.

To ask such a callous question, would your family even know you existed, if you would be missed points out that we have ALL been remiss in our duty as family members, but remember, it's a 2-way street. I do call you from time to time and Ben, Carol and I all read your blog and we keep in touch that way or via SMS. Think about it. Why can't YOU be the initiator of cousins meeting up etc? That's what I did with Ben and Carol before he left for Singapore.

It's all about YOU wanting to make a difference Angela and not waiting for someone to make a difference in your life.

Stand up for YOUR life, because no one else will.

Love you!
Ken.

M00nie said...

wow, a long comment indeed ... i'm sorry dat i had put it in a really negative way ... thanks for the positive injection ...

Benjamin Lim said...

Yes we read do read your blog as you do ours (i hope)... and yes we would definately be there in the time of need. That's what family is for cuzzy. Family is blood. ;)

Remember when you're in SG, gimme a ring I'll show you how to have a good time! Hehehehe

Love-Ben

Benjamin Lim said...

PS. nice *new* site BTW! ;)

M00nie said...

Thanks cowzen ... it means a lot ..
I'd be sure to kacau you ... enjoy your life in Singapore !