30 March, 2008

Her convocation


It was held at Wisma MCA.

I was there at around 11.30 am. The place was sure packed as hell. Almost everyone had a bouquet of flowers at hand. The florist must have made a fortune supplying flowers to convocation-goers. But people are getting more innovative nowadays, we even have bouquets of soft toys and chocolates now.


A bouquet of piglets

I waited for Voon Siew at the main entrance. But it was so crowded that we had problem finding one another. Although both of us were waiting at exactly the same place, we had to call each other on the phone to specify the exact location. In the end, I resorted to standing under a red Secret Recipe umbrella so that she could easily locate me.


Me & Voon Siew

Voon Siew was my classmate of 2 years, Form 4 and Form 5. Throughout those two years, she sat beside me in class and it was ever so stressful. She was 1st in class and 3rd or 4th in the whole school, pretty, writes printed kind of handwriting and was always the teacher's favourite student. I was however, pale in comparison.

Can't believe she has already graduated. Gee, how time flies. Now she's a Mandarin and Geography teacher in Kuen Cheng high school, and she's also the ... discipline teacher.

Voon Siew, the soft-spoken, quiet girl from Confucian, now a discipline teacher ? Hard to believe huh ? Can't imagine her holding a cane in her hand and whipping students with it. Seems like a picture that is so wrong.


Estelle, Voon Siew, me and Jian Feng

~

While Voon Siew was busy greeting her other friends, I took a look around and guess who I saw ? My primary school friend ! What a coincidence. I walk towards him and ask him, '你还记得我吗?' (Do you still remember who I am ?) He took a moment and said '敏仪 !'. It has been such a long time since someone last called me by my chinese name.


Me & Guang Hao


Ooh, and I got snap of Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik.


The convocation has been a great time for me to catch up with my friends. Looking forward to my very own convocation April next year.

0 footprints: