24 March, 2008

Lie

Have you ever lied ?

Ok, I'm totally asking a stupid question. Of course you have.

Well, lying used to be such a big deal to me, as I was brought up as a Christian. Back when I was an innocent, little girl.

It was like, God will punish you if you lie. You will go to hell after you die and sorts.

But now, I think I lie every now and then. Usually, my lies are white lies and sometimes I lie because the truth seems too absurd or stupid. Occasionally, I lie because I had to hide my true intentions.

Ah, the complexities of adulthood.

However, I'm not a good liar. I can never lie with a straight face. And normally, I would avoid eye contact. There, dummies on 'How to tell when Moonie is lying'.

I guess there is some justification to the principle of 'not to lie'. It kinda hurts when the truth leaks out. Of course from the perspective of the person being lied to. I couldn't understand why people could not be truthful to me.

Maybe I should learn to respect other's privacy.

How about white lies ? What would you say to a plump girl who asked you whether she looks fat ?

Honesty has its price
.

4 footprints:

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

U were aredy lying when you wrote this post.. You was an INNOCENT little girl??? Hahahahha..
ROFL!

Jkjk!

M00nie said...

cheh .. i was and am an innocent girl !

siAn siAN said...

很惊讶吧?
第一次看你的blog。。
最近不高兴吗?
其实因为环境的改变。。
已经不能再像以前那样做个直肠直肚的人了。
但还是要勇敢地面对。。
对着不同的人都要有一定的技巧。
虽然看起来很狡猾。。
但。。
这都是我们要面对的。。
加油。。

M00nie said...

真的很惊讶. 没想到你也会读我的blog.
也许人长大了, 会很难感觉开心吧.
可能你说得没错, 真的不能做个直肠直肚的人了.
谢谢你的留言, 有点感动.