13 February, 2008

The Family that was Almost Never

Reunion dinner with the Wongs & Chongs.

For years a silent enmity existed between Mum and her sister dearest. So I have not met my maternal family till only a few years back when my granny past away.

Funny what it took to bring them back together again.

Anyway, happy with what's progressing and hope it gets better. Currently, still a little awkward in their presence. Had to act polite and appear to possess supreme table manners. (Embarassed to order my second bowl of rice)

Chinese New Year was alright. Enjoyed receiving Ang Paus. Atmosphere was not as merry as it had been years ago. Gambling and chatting session did went on as hoped. Two mishaps happened to my Godfather. His car and office got broken into on reunion dinner's night. No worries, only a SmartTag got stolen. Nothing was taken from the office as my cousin happened to be in the office when those thieves attempted a break-in.

How was your Chinese New Year ? Hope it had been a merry one !

1 footprints:

nAoKi said...

mine was a lil quiet too,but it was okay la.