05 February, 2008

Time of the Year


It's Chinese New Year again.

In the Lim clan, it's the merriest celebration of the year along with Christmas. I always look forward to this celebration, as it meant lots of ang paus, yummylicious cuisines and time for my family.

Yet recent years this festive season has become a burden to me, as with every festive seasons. It's the time of the year where I'm torn between two families. Of course, I'd personally prefer to join my dad's family, as this has always been the custom, plus I'm not really close to the other side of the family.

However, this meant reunion dinners and Chinese New Years without her daughters for my mother. Such is the dilemma I face every year.

With the passing of my grandmother, the Chinese New Years with the Lim Clan has become much quieter. The adults don't seem to sit together to gamble and talk anymore. Last year, after 拜年 (visiting), we just went our separate ways.

I hope this year would be much better.

Happy Chinese New Year folks !

0 footprints: