20 February, 2008

Sometimes we forget

This post came after I read what he wrote. The things he remembered. It was the most touching post I've ever read and he made me feel, even more guilty.

I received a sms from you, 'Haven't gotten enough of ang paw money in this CNY ? Wanna get more ? Well you are invited 2 come to my house this Sunday n the 'choy san' might give you a 'thick' red packet.'

Truthfully, the moment I received the sms, first thing that came into my mind was ' Aiya, lazy to go lah'. Nevertheless, knowing I wouldn't be able to see you for some time, I said I'd be joining. And I'm glad I did.

The things we talked about made me realise so many things. What a considerate friend you have always been and what a lousy one I've become. The magnitude of your care and concern really drove me to shame.

No doubt I've been busy maintaining my new-found friendship, that I've forgotten you. I didn't realize that I've ignored you unintentionally, giving you care and concerns that did not came out that heartedly, as compared to the people I call the Clan.

I saw the hurt in your eyes, the disappointment you felt, although I know I'm not the only one causing it.


I remember what you did for me.
Remember the karaoke session we had ? Only the three of us when he left ?

... I remember calling you at wee hours when I was so sad I couldn't bear it. I woke you up and asked you to come online, as I've always been nervous on the phone.
You did it and kept what we said a secret.

I'm sorry I've forgotten.

...

After we fought, I kept thinking about how we became the clan.

... The nuggets you offered which I turned down.

The class party that got the three of us talking.
The fair we went to the next day.
I remember wondering whether I'd be invited to the lunch we went.


The awkward moments at the gym.
The post-it-note you left along with the moral studies lecture notes.
The countless chatting sessions the bitches had, bitching only about the 'chocolate' ...

How come I only remember these things after something has happened ?

Thank you for reminding me, Lye Quan.

2 footprints:

cr4zy/b3autiful said...

f***..u almost made me cry with this post...
those happy, funny & sad moments that the clan had together..

and yes..sometimes we forget abt our friends tht used to be so close to ourselves...i feel so guilty too...for not meeting up wif one of my dearest fren when she was bac..cuz there;s 6 of us in our clique and we planned so many times for the complete reunion...ended up not meeting at all... i know it sounds ridiculous... everyone muz be wondering...why we couldnt even meet up once..yeah.. I ask myself tht question too.. being too busy might be one excuse to make ourselves feel better...

maybe we didnt try harder to meet up....


i just hope tht this wont happen to the clan when we started to work the next time.

M00nie said...

oooh .. u wana f**k me ? I lik it ...
hahaha ... Din noe tis post had such influence to 'nearly' make u cry.

Definitely it wudn't happen to us, as I hold our friendship dear to my heart.

Will ensure efforts to hold us together afta we graduate.
muacks !