27 June, 2008

Hopes

Sometimes I wonder, why did my father of all names chose Angela? In fact, I secretly dislike the name Angela. I find it lame, uncool and nerdish. Despite that, I had not really bothered to question his choice.

So yesterday, I was having a once in the blue moon, before bed time kind of conversation with mum. Somehow, she brought up the topic.

Turns out dad was inspired to name me Angela because of the character 'Angela Channing' in the soap opera entitled 'Falcon Crest'. According to mum, she was some bitchy lady who fought ruthlessly for the things she desires.


Cast of Falcon Crest (Angela Channing is the old lady sitting)

As soon as mum finished that sentence, my sister immediately said "No wonder, now I understand why you turned out like that".

Hmmph
.

I guess dad wanted me to be someone ambitious and great in the future. In some way, he seems to have named me right. Because I do consider myself ambitious. May I not disappoint him.

You know, before I was born, my dad had wanted a son. Yes, I was the unwanted child. Perhaps his desire was so strong that although I ended up being a girl, I was a total tomboy. In fact, I consider myself 'a man trapped in a woman's body'. Haha. Well, being a girl is such trouble. What with the monthly 'auntie' visits and etc etc.

Somehow, all of dad's hopes for me have made its way in different forms into turning the me today me. (Confusing sentence here)

0 footprints: