20 June, 2008

Shy

On my 2nd day of work, I went out for lunch with four other colleagues, 3 girls and one boy. Reminds you of someone? *cough* CY.

Trying to appear outgoing and fun, I made jokes and started gossips. One that involves that boy erm man. We started teasing him but I'm sure we made it clear it was just a joke.

But guess what? Now he wouldn't join us for lunch, apparently because we were 'bullying' him.

Oh and the way he talks, very soft and filled with shyness.

So today I came to the office early, finally succeeding in getting a free parking. Yay! There was practically no one in the office, and so I made my coffee and sat in front of the computer, surfing the net.

Then I saw the shy boy came in, and so I waved at him. And what was his reaction? He turned and looked behind ! As if unsure whether I was actually waving to him. And there was no one else in the office. Hmmph.

******

So I've finished reading 'Snow Flower and the Secret Fan'. Thanks to all the free time I have at the office. Although it left me feeling immensely guilty. It's not my fault what, they left me no choice. I hope things would significantly improve next week, else I might have to consider leaving.

The novel kept my attention the whole time. Very nice book indeed. It showed me different perspectives of things. Coincidently, it is very much applicable to certain things that have been bothering me.

******

Just like in front of my college friends, I've managed to establish myself as the 'hamsup' girl among my collegues too. Those I have lunch with that is. Something about the way I moved my eyebrow.

4 footprints:

Kenneth said...

well, it pretty much IS your responsibility and how you 'teased' him. don't be surprised as everyone has different coping mechanisms in life. and he probably thought that he was wanting to make you feel welcomed and instead 'felt' attacked by you / your comments. :)

go apologize to him and if he still doesn't wanna hang out with you, so be it. just learn from it and move on. don't wallow.

M00nie said...

mayb i didn't make myself clear. he turned and looked back as if he thought i was waving at someone else ... not dat he was rude ...

M@V!S said...

U har~ really hamsup lar~
not only hamsup~
still like to bully people~
haha~
a shy boy also 不放过~
饥不择食~
哈哈~

M00nie said...

haha ... so naughty la ym.