17 June, 2008

Melancholy not

Today's post will not be filled with melancholy.

So today I went to work with a book, 'Snow flower and the secret fan' by Lisa See. I'm barely a quarter through, but it seems like a good one. It's about a Chinese girl whose feet were bound at the early age of 7. Those who loved 'Memoirs of a Geisha' should give it a try.

Two hours or three into reading later, I decided to be more assertive. And so I made more inquires about getting my computer set up and finally it was done. I guess sometimes we need to shun off feelings of shyness or fear to appear rude in order to get things done.

And so finally I have work to do! Rejoice!

Today's lunch was enjoyable. My colleague took a drive to Hartamas, as we intend to have 'Siew Yok' (barbecued pork) rice for lunch. But the coffee shop was overly packed and so we decided to have Sugimoto instead (did I get the spelling right?). The food was just alright but there is a perk of FOC green tea and CIMB card holders are entitled to a discount.

During lunch, to my astonishment, I was actually able to crack some jokes (some were hamsup ones). Well, usually I'm quite reserved with people I'm not close with. In fact, we had such a great time that lunch lasted almost 2 hours. Haha, it's only the second day into working and I'm already breaking rules.

But I hope lunch would not be at these places everyday. If not, my allowance would never be enough.

It was a breeze driving home. Not as jam as the past. Maybe there is some good from the hike in petrol price. Well, at least we have the annual RM 625 cash rebate.

Today was great.

0 footprints: