01 December, 2008

Dangerous world we live in

Just the other day, I was on the phone with Christine in the storeroom. It was a mere 5 minutes call, but when I went back into the living room, my mum was like in shock. She said that a man came into the house compound (our outside gate was unlocked you see). She was overly engrossed by the tv that she didn't even notice someone entering through the gate and into the compound.

The man announced himself as the police. He asked whether we were the house that was robbed. Turns out he went to the wrong house. The right house was just a few houses away but on the same row. He claimed that the house was robbed of RM 70,000 !

Imagine that, just a few houses away someone was robbed. It could have easily been us. Though I doubt they can get that amount of value from us. They'd probably murder us for being overly poor that it was a wasted effort trying to rob us.

Thus, I heed all to be extra cautious nowadays. You can never be too careful.


***

It's only another 19 days. Just a little more than 2 weeks and I'd be free ! So I need to focus, give up a little fun, a little sleep and I'd never live to regret this 2 weeks !

3 footprints:

nAoKi said...

wah liao,hav to always padlock ur gate d.

Anonymous said...

omg omg omg...take loads of care ya

M00nie said...

yea yea ...