25 December, 2008

This Christmas

... was a Christmas I wasn't really excited about.
I just feel that the magical feeling has cease to exist. Probably because I've grown up or that people around me have changed.

Moreover, quite a number of LimClan members were unable to attend today's party. And well, MsRedd will be leaving Malaysia soon for good. She's one cousin that I've recently grown fond of, so the prospect of her absence in every other gathering in the future seems like a bleak prospect. So Christmas seemed quiet.

Anyhow, it turned out quite well. Well, I got to really chat with a number of people in the party. My eldest cousin, Jerry, gave me lots of encouragement and advice about my future career prospects. He made me understand that academic results are not everything. Even if I feel less than worthy, I should always try. It's okay to be rejected, just try again.

And then I had a long chat with Godpa. He told me how he actually got to meet and adopt Ashley. According to him, my youngest cousin had been rejected many times by many families, who refused to adopt her because of some medical history.

It would seem like she's an unwanted child, and if she had the sense to comprehend this, she would surely feel really bad, as if like she's so unworthy of love. However, it's because of those initial rejections that cause her to land at my Godfather's arms and to receive all the love he is giving to her.

Perhaps rejections are meant for better things in life.


***


This Christmas, I am grateful, for I've spent it with those who matter. Friends and family that I care for.

Merry Christmas !

0 footprints: