02 April, 2008

Point of view

I realised that I am extremely bad at expressing myself. Very often, my intentions are misinterpreted, although I had thought that I have made them very clear.

Yesterday, I had my first taste on how each individual could perceive the very same incident significantly different. Taking on the position of the 3rd party (semi 3rd party actually, can't say that I'm unbiased), I could clearly see how these perceptions conflict. Although none had ill intentions, yet the outcome from the actions of these perceptions seemed to take on offensive motives.

The communication between homo sapiens is indeed complicated. It is very hard to let one party fathom the perception of the other. That is why conflicts occur.

I guess the best way to handle conflicting perceptions is not to be quick in jumping into conclusions. We should trust our friends, realise that they may have acted differently, but it may not necessarily mean something discourteous. Try listening and observing a little more before deciding on the nature of the action.

~

Honesty is so very hard to withhold. You don't want to lie, but in telling the truth you might create unnecessary tension.

~

Somethings are best left unsaid. When spoken, it might just spoil the special sentiment attached to it.

~

Sometimes you just have to let it go. Just stop. Why would you want to hold on to such negative feelings that makes you feel no better ?

~

From today onwards, if I can't think of something positive, I'll keep my mouth shut.