16 April, 2008

A timeless tale


Among the movies that I could watch over and over again is The Sound of Music. It is a timeless tale, suitable for all ages. I liked it when I was kid and I still like it now as a young adult.

Haven't heard of The Sound of Music ? Then I seriously don't know where you have been all these years. Go and buy or rent the DVD for God's sake.



It was a movie set in the 1930's Austria, about a young woman named Maria (Julie Andrews) who is failing miserably in her attempts to become a nun.When the Navy captain Georg Von Trapp writes to the convent asking for a governess that can handle his seven mischievous children, Maria is given the job.



Being an unconventional nun, she sets to educate the children in an unconventional way. In the midst of her efforts, we get to witness wonderful musics that are ever so sing-along. No matter which generation you're from, you're bound to love them ! Songs like Do-Re-Mi, My Favourite Things, The Lonely Goatherd and my personal favourite: So Long, Farewell will sure leave you singing all day long !


My favourite character was and still is Brigitta Von Trapp. Such a sweet girl she was in the movie. Somewhere within me, I used to want to be like her. By the way, her real name is Angela too ! No wonder I liked her.


Angela Cartwright

I wondered how she'd look now and so I googled her. Guess what I found.


A bit plump already but cuz old dy mah !


Great movie to watch and it's currently rerunning on Astro. Don't miss it !

1 footprints:

gangan said...

Hey!!! I looooove this movie too!!! And I watched it over and over again :))) My fav child is Bridgitta and I am from Malaysia too :) (selangor)