09 October, 2008

Moth

This morning, as I opened the door to the bathroom, I nearly got the shock of my life when a moth came fluttering out towards me.

"Don't kill it, it's 'popo' (granny on mum's side) coming back to visit us", my mum would always say whenever a moth comes into our house.

Funny, whenever a moth appears in our house, it would linger around for days. And then, as mysteriously as it emerges, it mystically disappears too. Although I feel that mum is being superstitious, I cannot help but to associate moths to something other-worldly, something unfathomable.

Perhaps sometimes I'd like to believe that there are somethings beyond scientific explanation, beyond our comprehension, something more about our life other than to grow, reproduce and then die.

***

Have you ever thought about death? Sometimes death creeps into my dreams turning them into nightmares. It feels so real that I'd find myself awoken with tears rolling down my cheeks and a sore in my throat, those from really deep cries.

Occasionally I wonder about my own death. And I question my beliefs.

What if there is no heaven or hell? What if death meant the end and nothing more ?
There would be no soul emerging out of the vessel, no moving to the gate where you would be judged upon your doings on earth. It's just *pooof*. Nothing, no more, naught.

The thought's kinda bleak, ain't it ?

1 footprints:

nAoKi said...

u hav a very weak heart hor?a moth oso can giv u a shock.=p

u dun worry about death lah,u'll know how is it going to be when its time.