06 October, 2008

Gee

... it's Monday already ? The Raya holidays sure did went by quick.

I've been really busy reading. Surprised ? Not academic books though.


For more than a week, I've been devouring more than 700 pages of this.



Brisingr, is the 3rd book of the inheritance trilogy. It was meant to end at the 3rd book, but somehow Paolini decided to extend it to a fourth book. Well, I certainly welcome that prospect. Gives me another book to look forward to, since Harry Potter has already came to its end.

The inheritance trilogy is a must have if you have been a Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings fan. In fact, I reckon it is much better than the Harry Potter series. It offers a more logical explanation as to the source of magic and also refreshing ideas onto how magic can be used and manipulated. Paolini wanders into regions of magic you would never have thought of in your wildest imaginations. Though Seng Cui considers the trilogy childish, which is preposterous.

By the way, did you know he started writing the 1st book when he was only 15 ?

***

I sure took long to finish the book. Because, at intervals, I've also been catching up with lots of drama series and sleep too. I kid you not. You'd be shocked to see the way I live my life.

But I can't help but feel proud though, for within these 4 months, I've read 5 books ! Which is a lot, considering I usually don't even read a single book in a year.

To show off a bit, these are the books that I've read:
1. Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (a good read)
2. Peony in Love by Lisa See (kinda boring)
3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (most recommended)
4. The Memory Keeper's Daugther by Kim Edwards (wasn't exactly a page-turner, was slow in the beginning yet a good read nonetheless)
5. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (must have for fantasy/adventure fans)

(smiles in satisfaction)

I better get to bed now.

0 footprints: