20 October, 2008

My Recent Addiction

is ... not some drama series. But ... oh this is gonna come as shocking ... It's ...


Knitting !
(I wonder whose beautiful hands are those)

The addiction began last Wednesday. It was so addictive that I stayed up till 4 am knitting. Thus, I showed up half-dead for class on Thursday. As if that was not enough, I even knitted on my journey to class too !

I got my equipments from Macy, Petaling Street. My gosh, the yarns are so GODDAMN expensive. One roll cost RM 18.00 ! And you need around 6 rolls to make a scarf. So, deciding that I may regret it, I got only 2 rolls.

And then when I consulted my aunt, I found out that she has many yarns back at her house. Aih, should have asked earlier. Collected from her place just now.


I took a closer look at it and ...



My aunt got it at RM1.50 per roll only ! With the money I spent, I could have bought 24 rolls ! Such a rip off !


Now, after 5 days of almost nothing but knitting, I only managed this.



Yes, I know that's too little for 5 days, because I totally sucked on the first day. Building up the foundation, namely casting on itself was such a task to me. I used the simplest method, which caused the knits to be really loose. Thus, in addition to my clumsiness, after knitting 2 rows or so, the knots slipped off the needle and I had to start over again.

Basically, the first and second day I almost managed nothing. It was cast-on, knit 2 rows or so and start over. I tried a different method and finally, I got the ball rolling.

However, I think I've got to abandon this project and start over. There are several mistakes I made. As you can see from above, there are loose knits at certain parts and uneven sides. No worries though, I'll take a rain check for now, and resume this project of mine after the exams.

Lots of mounting work now. 2 assignments and a thesis !

4 footprints:

nAoKi said...

ohh,i see that you're knitting sumthing for my upcomig bday?good for u!lol

M00nie said...

ur bday ? when is it ar ?

ok la i giv u da abandoned project wan ? hahaha ...

LQ said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

M00nie said...

wah lq first time u leave comment in my blog. my post on ur birthday oso u din comment, but tis ? hahahaha