13 October, 2008

Hey !

... I can be hard to live with too.

As Mum's birthday falls on the coming 14 Oct, the aunties decided to take her out for dinner. Since yours truly is the beloved offspring, of course I was invited. We went to the Royal China Restaurant, Jalan Ampang. They are having this great promotion. For a 6 course meal for 10 pax, it only cost RM 128.90 ++. After adding the etc etc, the bill came up to only about RM 173. Cheap huh ?

Anyways, back to topic. Now, it has been common knowledge that aunties love to bitch. (well, actually all women love to bitch) Since I am now officially an adult, they were quite open in talking about several things in my presence.

One such thing they talked about was the hardships of living together. From different parties there were different perspectives. Listening in, I realized there are so many issues surrounding individuals living under the same roof.

Sometimes, I would say "I can never live with this person, because ...", but I have never stopped to evaluate myself. Perhaps with friends I could be a considerate housemate, but with my family, my true-self surfaces. Things has to go my way, I am emotional almost all the time, I never admit my mistakes, I dominate the most comfortable sofa and eventhough my sister may have got on it first, I still dominate the sofa.

I guess I can be hard to live with too.

0 footprints: